Pray? Perhaps. Move your office? Probably not. Hope the carrier tells you “fiber is coming soon?” Assuming you can actually get a “coming soon”. And the carrier’s definition of “fiber coming soon” is your definition of “coming soon” and not the 12-36 month wait which is typical?” For the vast majority of businesses that are not in a fiber-equipped building, fiber will never be a near-term solution.
If you’re thinking “Yikes! What do I do now?” Don’t’ sweat it. Commercial broadband Internet service, on par with the best fiber Internet service is actually readily available.
Fiber Internet companies like to tell everyone that fiber is the end all. The reality is that fiber is a bit overhyped.
In fact, there are other broadband services, such as fixed wireless, that deliver reliable high-capacity Internet connections. Fixed wireless is a microwave-based technology that is utilized by many companies, including government and fortune 500 companies. Like fiber Internet services, fixed wireless is a business-grade service optimized for real time apps like VoIP and cloud computing. Its performance stats include 99.99% or better uptime, and ultra low packet loss, latency and jitter.
In addition to fixed wireless being readily accessible, it has a number of other advantages as compared to fiber Internet. These advantages include fast installation free from trenching and construction, bandwidth that can easily be increased as your needs grow, and true network and path diversity. With fixed wireless, you’ll never have to worry if some construction company will accidentally cut through your fiber conduit and take down your service.
So if you are one of the 80% who do not have fiber Internet service available, maybe you should think of yourself as being lucky. Why? Because now you know you can get commercial-grade Internet service where and when you want it, and with a few advantages that fiber can’t deliver on. Learn more about Skyriver Enterprise.
- Don’t get spooked by ISPs. Get hooked. - October 27, 2017
- Champion the best VPN for your network. - June 28, 2016
- What is Fixed Wireless? - December 16, 2015
- IT expert: An impressive juggling act. - September 24, 2015
- Internet downtime: Do you know the real cost? - March 20, 2015
- CES 2015 – a smart show for a smart tomorrow. - January 28, 2015
- Is a VPN an IP private network? - December 3, 2014
- What is a T1 line? How fast is T1 service? - November 18, 2014
- CES. The Super Bowl Of Technology. - August 29, 2014
- Has your water cooler gone digital? My how things have changed since the last World Cup. - July 15, 2014