Less than 20% of commercial buildings have fiber Internet. What do the other 80% do?

80% don't have fiber Internet

I need fiber Internet for my business now

Pray? Perhaps. Move your office? Probably not. Hope the carrier tells you “fiber is coming soon?” Assuming you can actually get a “coming soon”. And the carrier’s definition of “fiber coming soon” is your definition of “coming soon” and not the 12-36 month wait which is typical?” For the vast majority of businesses that are not in a fiber-equipped building, fiber will never be a near-term solution.

If you’re thinking “Yikes! What do I do now?” Don’t’ sweat it. Commercial broadband Internet service, on par with the best fiber Internet service is actually readily available.

Fiber Internet companies like to tell everyone that fiber is the end all. The reality is that fiber is a bit overhyped.

In fact, there are other broadband services, such as fixed wireless, that deliver reliable high-capacity Internet connections. Fixed wireless is a microwave-based technology that is utilized by many companies, including government and fortune 500 companies. Like fiber Internet services, fixed wireless is a business-grade service optimized for real time apps like VoIP and cloud computing. Its performance stats include 99.99% or better uptime, and ultra low packet loss, latency and jitter.

In addition to fixed wireless being readily accessible, it has a number of other advantages as compared to fiber Internet. These advantages include fast installation free from trenching and construction, bandwidth that can easily be increased as your needs grow, and true network and path diversity. With fixed wireless, you’ll never have to worry if some construction company will accidentally cut through your fiber conduit and take down your service.

So if you are one of the 80% who do not have fiber Internet service available, maybe you should think of yourself as being lucky. Why? Because now you know you can get commercial-grade Internet service where and when you want it, and with a few advantages that fiber can’t deliver on. Learn more about Skyriver Enterprise.

Jenny Bourbiel

About Jenny Bourbiel

Jenny Bourbiel is Vice President of Marketing for Skyriver. She oversees marketing, public relations, product management and customer relationship programs for Skyriver. A new addition to the Skyriver portfolio of services is the company's innovative 5G class millimeter wave broadband service, Skyriver Magnitude (TM). As a lifetime marketer and technology enthusiast, she bonds smart customer insights and creative thinking to connect people with Skyriver broadband services in profound and lasting ways. Since joining the Skyriver team, her customer centric initiatives have strengthened new customer growth as well as customer loyalty. Jenny brings a wealth of marketing knowledge to Skyriver, in both executive and brand management roles with leading consumer and technology brands including Verizon Wireless, Hilton Hotels, DirecTV, WD-40, and AT&T Wireless. At AT&T Wireless, she managed the marketing strategy for next generation wireless services, including the launch of the American Idol partnership that fueled the popularity of texting in the U.S. Prior to joining Skyriver, Jenny was a Marketing Consultant, working with companies such as Cox Business, where her campaigns earned the CTAM Marketing Excellence Gold Award. Earlier, Jenny held the position of Marketing Vice President for Buzztime, an interactive online gaming company. Jenny’s passion for marketing extends to her community involvement. She has sat on various marketing committees, and was on the Board of Directors for the Arts Center Foundation. Jenny holds a B.S. Degree in Business Administration from San Diego State University with an emphasis in Marketing and a minor in Spanish.