Businesses are carefully crafted inter-connected relationships between people, technology, tools, and money, all working in congruence for success. But imagine the impact when one of the key company resources, such as an Internet connection, goes down. For most businesses, a reliable high speed Internet connection is mission-critical for customer communications, employee productivity and generating revenue.
Consider a typical U.S. small business with 75 employees and average annual revenue of $3.6 million (Entrepreneur Media). The company thought it chose the “best-priced” Internet service for their dollar. The Internet Service Provider (ISP) guaranteed 99.9% uptime. But did the company know that 99.9% uptime pencils-out to approximately 9 hours of downtime per year? For most businesses that means no Internet browsing, email, VoIP, or cloud services, or customer communications.
Is the “best-priced” Internet broadband service really the best solution? Is a service uptime guarantee of 99.9% good enough? Does the cost of Internet downtime outweigh the cost of choosing a cheaper Internet service?
9 hours of Internet downtime per year can cost the typical small business $24,084, plus significantly more costs that are difficult to quantify. Does a cheaper Internet service really save money? No. Would an Internet service with better uptime provide more value? Most definitely.
Businesses that rely on high speed Internet for their success choose Skyriver.
Today’s businesses need an ISP that delivers reliable Internet service for their voice and data broadband applications. Skyriver delivers premium business-grade Internet service that delivers ≥99.99% uptime, extremely low packet loss, latency and jitter to ensure your business functions at optimal levels.
Get the best Internet service for your business. Learn more about Skyriver’s business broadband services.
Sources: Entrepreneur Media, “Small Business at a Glance”, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Economic News Release 12/10/2014, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Don’t get spooked by ISPs. Get hooked. - October 27, 2017
- Champion the best VPN for your network. - June 28, 2016
- What is Fixed Wireless? - December 16, 2015
- IT expert: An impressive juggling act. - September 24, 2015
- Internet downtime: Do you know the real cost? - March 20, 2015
- CES 2015 – a smart show for a smart tomorrow. - January 28, 2015
- Is a VPN an IP private network? - December 3, 2014
- What is a T1 line? How fast is T1 service? - November 18, 2014
- CES. The Super Bowl Of Technology. - August 29, 2014
- Has your water cooler gone digital? My how things have changed since the last World Cup. - July 15, 2014