System and Network DevOps Engineer
The Skyriver Engineering team is looking for a passionate System and Network DevOps Engineer with foundations in engineering to fully automate Skyriver's advanced network and systems. He/She will help automate configuration generation, device discovery, zero touch provisioning and more. The network/system tools that He/She will conceive, define, develop and deploy, will lay the foundation of Skyriver's automation strategy.
This role is ideal for an established tool/automation developer with strong system/network background, or for an ambitious system engineer who aspires to grow as an automation developer. Majority of the daily responsibilities include developing automation scripts and setting up standards and requirements for outsource API developers. A smaller portion of the day to day activity will be dedicated to establishing and maintaining server infrastructure, virtualization, DNS, management and monitoring tools, configuration standards, and to provide escalation support to operations team.
This position reports to Manager, Principal Network Engineer.
- Build and maintain system frameworks, such as server virtualization, DNS structure, and management/monitoring systems
- Build and maintain tools frameworks, such as Python dev/ops environment
- Assist in automating network troubleshooting
- Safely deploy widespread configuration changes
- Develop tools to provision new devices, services, and links
- Develop scripts for configuration generation, auditing, unit and integration testing
- Improve network monitoring
- Work with cross functional teams to gather requirements and implement specifications
- Develop API or manage outsource API development requirements, workload, quality and man hour budgets
- Mentor Skyriver Operations team on automation
- Strong Unix/Linux system knowledge and administrator experience
- Strong knowledge and working experience on DNS architecture and implementation
- 4+ years of tooling and automation development experience
- Mastery of Python
- Extended knowledge of API design (JSON, REST)
- Solid understanding of Layer 1-4 fundamental protocols
- Knowledge of standard networking monitoring technologies (SNMP, *Flow, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge on network device configuration and management a plus
- Experience in configure development on Management Software (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of IPAM a plus
- Knowledge of Solarwinds NPM, Salesforce CRM a plus
- Knowledge of Unit Test framework a plus
Bachelors Degree from a 4 year accredited university, preferably in Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Individuals may need to sit or stand intermittently as needed for up to 8 hours per day.
- May require walking primarily on a level surface for periods of up to 5 hours a day.
- Reaching and lifting above shoulder height and below the waist level
- Lifting as required to file documents, store materials, and move equipment throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
This position is classified as exempt from state and federal overtime pay provisions, because the duties and responsibilities meet the requirements for exemption under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The position will be required to work varying hours, weekends and holidays as the day-to-day job duties may require.
Skyriver, is a highly specialized and engineering-driven broadband company. Headquartered in San Diego, it is one of the first and largest independent Fixed Wireless Internet Service Providers. The business-class broadband service, designed for efficiency, scalability, and dependability, promises maximum performance for customers who rely on broadband for their business success.
Skyriver offers competitive compensation and employee benefit packages.